Youtripper is, at its core, an open community dedicated to showing people from all over the world great and inspiring activities in their own locations as well as far away destinations. Our platform can reach millions of people from virtually every country on the globe. It is a very diverse community, drawing together nations of different cultures, values, and standards.
The Youtripper community is dedicated to creating a world where people from every background feel welcome and respected, no matter how far or near they have traveled from home. This dedication rests on two founding philosophies that apply both to Youtripper's Partners and Trippers: diversity and consideration. Our shared dedication to these philosophies enables every member of our community to feel welcome on the Youtripper platform no matter who they are, where they come from, how they worship, or whom they love. Youtripper recognizes that some jurisdictions permit, or require, distinctions among individuals based on factors such as national origin, gender, marital status or sexual orientation, and it does not require Partners to violate local laws or take actions that may subject them to legal liability. Youtripper will provide additional guidance and adjust this nondiscrimination policy to reflect such permissions and requirements in the jurisdictions where they exist.
While we are realistic about one company achieving harmony among all people, we do believe that the Youtripper community can promote compassion and unity across all cultures. Together we can pledge to doing everything we can to help eliminate all forms of unlawful bias, discrimination, and intolerance from our platform. We want to promote a culture within the Youtripper community—Partners, Trippers and people just considering whether to use our platform—that goes above and beyond mere compliance. To that end, all of us, Youtripper employees, Partners and Trippers alike, agree to read and act in accordance with the following policy to strengthen our community and realize our mission of ensuring that everyone can experience more, and feels inspired, anywhere.
Diversity – We welcome customers of all backgrounds with authentic hospitality and open minds. Joining Youtripper, as a Partner or Tripper, means becoming part of a diverse community. Bias, prejudice, racism, and hatred have no place on our platform or in our community. While Partners are required to follow all applicable laws that prohibit discrimination based on such factors as race, religion, national origin, and others listed below, we commit to do more than comply with the minimum requirements established by law.
Consideration – We are considerate of each other in our interactions and encounters. Youtripper understands that local laws and cultural norms vary around the world and expects Partners and Trippers to abide by local laws, and to engage with each other considerately, even when views may not reflect their beliefs or upbringings. Youtripper's members bring to our community a very diverse background of experiences, beliefs, and customs. By connecting people from different backgrounds, Youtripper fosters greater unity and appreciation for the kindness shared by all human beings and undermines prejudice rooted in misconception, misinformation, or misunderstanding.
Race, Color, Ethnicity, National Origin, Religion, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, or Marital Status
Youtripper Partners may not
- Decline a Tripper based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status.
- Impose any different terms or conditions based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status.
- Post any Package or make any statement that discourages or indicates a preference for or against any Tripper on account of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status.
Youtripper Partners may not
- Decline to serve a Tripper based on gender
- Impose any different terms or conditions based on gender
- Post any package or make any statement that discourages or indicates a preference for or against any Tripper on account of gender.
Youtripper Partners may not
- Decline a Tripper based on any actual or perceived disability.
- Impose any different terms or conditions based on the fact that the Tripper has a disability.
- Substitute their personal judgment about whether an activity meets the needs of a customer with a disability for that of the prospective Tripper.
- Inquire about the existence or severity of a Tripper's disability, or the means used to accommodate any disability. If, however, a potential Tripper raises his or her disability, a Partner may, and should, discuss with the potential Tripper whether the package meets the potential Tripper's needs.
- Prohibit or limit the use of mobility devices unless the package takes place in natural environments such as forests, which do not fall under the control or ownership of the Partner.
- Charge more in price or other fees for Trippers with disabilities.
- Post any Package or make any statement that discourages or indicates a preference for or against any customer on account of the fact that the customer has a disability.
- Refuse to communicate with Trippers through accessible means that are available, including relay operators (for people with hearing impairments) and e-mail (for people with vision impairments using screen readers).
- Refuse to provide reasonable compromise, including flexibility when Trippers with disabilities request modest changes in your packages, such as bringing an assistance animal that is necessary because of the disability, or using an available parking space near the package location. When a Tripper requests such a adaptation, the Partner and the Tripper should engage in a dialogue to explore mutually agreeable ways to ensure the package meets the Tripper's needs.
Youtripper Partners may
- Provide factually accurate information about the package's accessibility features (or lack of them), allowing for Trippers with disabilities to assess for themselves whether the unit is appropriate to their individual needs.
- Only decline serving a Tripper with actual or perceived disability if they can factually prove that such service would endanger the well-being and/or life of the Tripper, any individuals travelling with the Tripper related or non-related, and the staff, guides or instructors employed by the Partner.
Youtripper Partners may
- Except as noted above, Youtripper Partners may decline to serve based on factors that are not prohibited by law. For example, except where prohibited by law, Youtripper Partners may decline to serve Trippers with pets, or to Trippers who smoke.
- Require Trippers to respect restrictions on foods consumed in the Package (e.g., a Partner who maintains a Kosher or vegetarian kitchen may require Trippers to respect those restrictions).
- Vice Versa if the Partner offers food in the package and a Tripper requires a special diet or meal he or she has the responsibility to inform the Partner of such needs if the Tripper wishes to ensure to receive such as special meal for consumption while on the day of serving.
- Nothing in this policy prevents a Partner from turning down a Tripper on the basis of a characteristic that is not protected under the civil rights laws or closely associated with a protected class.
For example, a Youtripper Partner may turn down a Tripper who wants to smoke in a restricted location, or who shows signs of intoxication by alcohol or unlicensed drugs. Signs of intoxication could show but are not limited to becoming incoherent, slurring or making mistakes in speech, physically violent, bad tempered or aggressive, using offensive language, or exhibiting inappropriate sexual behaviour.
When Trippers are turned down
Partners should bear in mind that no one likes to be turned down. Despite articulate, lawful and legitimate reasons for turning down a potential Tripper, a Partner may cause that member of our community to feel unwelcome or excluded. Partners should make every effort to include Trippers of all backgrounds. Partners who display a pattern of rejecting Trippers from a protected class (even while articulating legitimate reasons), weaken our community by making potential Trippers feel unwelcome, and Youtripper may suspend Partners who have displayed such a pattern from the Youtripper platform.
What happens when a Partner does not comply with our policies in this area?
If a particular Package contains content contrary to this nondiscrimination policy, the Partner will be asked to remove the content and ensure his or her understanding and intent to comply with this policy and philosophies. Youtripper may also, in its discretion, take steps up to and including suspending the Partner from the Youtripper platform.
If the Partner improperly rejects Trippers on the basis of protected class, or uses language demonstrating that his or her actions were motivated by factors prohibited by this policy, Youtripper will take steps to enforce this policy, up to and including suspending or terminating the Partner's account from the platform.
As the Youtripper community grows, we will continue to ensure that Youtripper's philosophies and doings align with our most important mission: To ensure that Trippers and Partners feel good and appreciated in all of their interactions using the Youtripper platform. The public, our community, and we ourselves, expect no less than this.